Friday, June 29, 2007

That Was Then

I just read That Was Then, This Is Now by S. E. Hinton--she wrote The Outsiders. It was a quick, fun, and easy read. I read another book of hers, but I'm not sure. It was refreshing to read juvenile literature--pretty much straight forward storytelling. A few parts did annoy me--like the uber-paranoid discourse on LSD--but that was part and parcel of the era, I think. The book was published the same year I was born, 1971, so it is hard to know.

I did score a number of paperbacks yesterday to trade at PaperbackSwap.com. Most of them were 25 of fifty cents. That was cool. On top of that, I found three books I listed at half.com for just over $35. So, if one sells, then it will pay for all the books I bought. Very cool.

Must get away from the 'puter.

Must go read.

No comments: